- Public law children
- Private law children
Michelle represents parents in a wide variety of private and public law cases concerning children and specialises in representing parents and other family members in care proceedings.
Michelle has experience representing parties in care proceedings where non-accidental injury of the chid has been alleged, where there are disputed allegations of domestic violence, where a parent’s learning disability is the main concern, where there are issues concerning mental health and drug and alcohol misuse.
In addition Michelle regularly advises parents where the local authority has concerns about a child but has not made an application to court, including attending Public Law Outline meetings with parents.
Michelle also acts in cases involving disputes in respect of the living and contact arrangements for children, including those involving allegations of domestic abuse.
Michelle qualified as a solicitor in 2005. She is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in domestic abuse and private law children. She is a supervisor in the family department
Recent Cases/Case Highlights
- Michelle acted for a father who successfully applied to the court for the children to be placed in his care under a Child Arrangements Order to live following concerns about the mother’s care of the children. The father also obtained a non-molestation order against the mother, a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the mother removing the children from his care and a Specific Issue Order limiting the mother’s parental responsibility.
- She has also acted for a grandmother who successfully applied to have a grandchild placed with her under a Special Guardianship Order.
- Michelle acted for a mother in care proceedings who had her child returned home to her and a Supervision Order made in the local authority’s favour following a period of ill health for the mother.
- Michelle acted for a mother in care proceedings where the local authority had concerns over domestic abuse, drug and alcohol misuse. Following a positive assessment the children were returned to the mother’s care.
- In another case she acted for a mother on the father’s application for a Child Arrangements Order to spend time with a child where findings of serious domestic abuse including sexual assault were made against the father. The mother obtained a Child Arrangements Order the child live with her and the court made an order for indirect contact only between the father and the child by way of letters cards and gifts to be sent using a 3rd party.
What people say about Michelle?
Michelle “displayed high levels of professionalism in her conduct. She was swift and efficient in her communication and ensured that I was informed at every stage of the proceedings”
25 – 29 Victoria Street
Blackburn Lancashire BB1 6DN
Telephone: 01254 29 86 80
Wow! Our staff know how to party... 💷💷💷💷
We are currently experiencing some difficulties in our finance teams with processing payments due to a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…